Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"Steelers Girl" and "Bacon & Eggs Skull & Crossbones"

My friend Maxine has a granddaughter being born and they are huge Pittsburgh Steelers fans.  She contacted me and said she wanted something girly but still obviously team proud! :-) Hopefully I did her justice with this little number.  I ordered the bow from fellow Etsy Shop owner Ribbons and Blossom's
 and added it to the hat I hand knit.  Can't wait to see what the little angel looks like in her hat! :)
This is a "Paleo" hat special ordered.  It's for a special little boy my dad coined his "little boogie" at the crossfit gym up in Sacramento.  If you do Crossfit or know about the Paleo diet then you know the meaning behind it but it's something original!  I tried to find someone that would make me an embroidered patch but couldn't find anyone to do it.  So I bought some felt and gave it a whirl.  I searched blogs to see if anyone had done anything like it and came across Wee Folk Art's post with a tutorial on how to make bacon and egg play food out of felt.  It gave me the confidence that it could be done! Came out pretty good I think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment