Sunday, January 16, 2011

Gift for a friend

I made a gift for my really good friend for Christmas and only now can I post it since I didn't get to give it to her until this week!

This was a plaque that I got at Dollar Tree and spray painted over with primer and then black spray paint.  

I printed out the words and got some nice scrapbook paper from my box full of pretty paper and set out to work.

The first try was a total bust.  For some reason the paper got too wet from the Mod Podge so I had to scrape it off and start over. :( First try fail.

So here is the finished product.  I ended up liking this scrapbook paper choice better than the one before anyhow!  I used cardstock which is thicker and then it didn't rip once I used the Mod Podge on it.
So the message says:

BE STRONG IN THE LORD
NEVER GIVE UP HOPE
YOU'RE GONNA DO GREAT THINGS
I ALREADY KNOW!
GOD'S GOT HIS HAND ON YOU
SO DON'T LIVE IN FEAR
FORGIVE AND FORGET
BUT DON'T FORGET WHY YOU'RE HERE
TAKE YOUR TIME AND PRAY

Hope you like it Erin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment